The responsibilities and obligations of Insurance Research Center as noted in its charter are as follows:
- To identify the research requirements of the insurance industry;
- To undertake fundamental, applied, and developmental research plans for the growth of the insurance industry;
- To provide necessary facilities appropriate for insurance research activities;
- To promote collaboration with foreign and domestic universities and academic institutes;
- To provide consultation services to anyone interested based on the latest research findings;
- To publish academic journals, books, training booklets, and software required for professional training;
- To organize academic conferences and seminars and to present research findings to the industry audiences.